Sledding Hill Locations
- Mickelson Sledding Hill is open Saturdays and Sundays from 12:00 - 8:00pm for the rest of sledding season.
- Edgewood Chalet warming house is now closed for the season.
Fargo offers two sledding hills which are great recreational fun for people of all ages. Grab your sled and head out to the Edgewood Chalet and Mickelson Sledding Hill.
1. Carefully walk up the hill watching for sledders.
2. Make sure your sledding path is clear before proceeding down the hill.
3. Building jumps is NOT allowed.
4. No metal saucers, toboggans, sleds with metal runners or cardboard pieces are allowed on the hill.
5. Stay within sledding hill boundaries. Sledding boundaries are the straw bale/fenced rows. Sledding outside these boundaries is not recommended.
6. No smoking.
7. Sled at your own risk.
8. Do not move Straw bales.
9. Limit of four sleds per group.
10. No snowboarding or skiing permitted on the hill.
If you cannot comply with these rules, you will be asked to leave.
All sleds must be returned to the check-out location.
For the enjoyment of others no profanity.
There is no charge to use the sleds at the Edgewood Chalet sledding hill, however, we require either a picture ID or a $20 deposit that is returned when the sled is returned at the Mickelson Park and Softball Fields sledding hill.
Sledding Hill Warming House Hours
Mickelson Sledding Hill hours are Saturday-Sunday only from 12:00-8:00 pm for the rest of the season. Hours are subject to change according to weather conditions.
Edgewood Chalet and Sledding Hill is now closed for the season.
Edgewood Chalet and Mickelson Sledding Hill may close earlier than scheduled in the evenings if the temperatures reach -10 degrees or colder or wind chills at -30 or greater. For weather cancelation information, visit FargoParks.com or call the Fargo Park District weather information line at 701-298-6915.