If you’re looking for something new and fun, try joining an upcoming kickball league here in town. Have no fear if you haven’t played a kickball game since elementary school; our kickball leagues are all about having fun.
Leagues are coed and open to all skill levels. Teams will be scheduled 5 games plus tournament participation.
- Rosters must be completed and turned in before your first game. No roster changes after Wednesday, June 28.
- Each team will be guaranteed 5 league games and 2 tournament games.
- All games will take place at the North Complex, 6063 45th St N.
- A team is allowed to play with a minimum of 7 players. There may never be more males than females. They may have more females than males, i.e. 6 females and 1 male, or 5 females and 2 males. Minimum of one male.
- In the field of play you have to have 2 females in the infield and 2 females in the outfield. The exception would be pitcher and catcher. They do not need to play a certain position as long as there are two in the infield and two in the outfield. A full fielding line-up would consist of: pitcher/catcher, four infielders and four outfielders.
- Games will be seven innings, with a ten run rule after five innings. If teams are tied after seven innings they will play extra innings. Games will have 1 hour and 15 minute time limit.
- Alcohol permits are available in the main Fargo Park District office they will allow to have alcohol in parking lot. There will be no drinking in dugouts or in complex.
- Pitching: Balls must be pitched by hand. There are no restrictions on pitching style. Pitcher must start with a foot on the rubber. Bounce pitches are allowed.
- Each team is able to have up to 12 people kick. (10 in the field and up to 2 extra kickers). You may not have more males than females in the batting order. Batting order should alternate M-F-M-F or F-M-F-M. You may not run up past the front of the plate to kick a ball.
- A person will be out after three strikes or four foul balls.
- An out can be made just like in baseball/softball as well as by throwing the ball at a runner and having the ball make contact with the runner while they are not on a base. Any contact to the runner above the shoulders by the ball will not be an out, unless the runner ducks the throw. The league supervisor/umpire will have the final say.
- EJECTION RULE: If a player is ejected from the game for any unsportsmanlike reason he/she will be out the remainder of that game and one additional week. Verbal abuse towards the league supervisor/umpire will not be tolerated.
- Forfeits: Game time is forfeit time. Be ready to play at your scheduled game time.
- Please call 701-298-6915 ext 4 for any inclement weather conditions. We will try to have this number updated by 4:00 pm for cancellations. If it does rain after that time an on-site decision may have to be made. Sometimes on-site decisions are inevitable; we always try to give teams some kind of warning if possible (weather systems do move in quickly and just because rain is in the forecast doesn’t mean we are going to cancel).
Fargo Park District Programs & Leagues
All Fargo Park District programs and leagues are first come first serve. Please be advised, a lot of programs and leagues fill up before the registration deadline. You cannot register for a program or league that is already full. Some programs and leagues have waitlists. If you are on a waitlist, you are NOT registered and are only contacted if a spot becomes available.