Event Update: Due to low registration numbers, Frozen Business Showdown is cancelled. The event will no longer be held on January 28.
Get your co-workers out of hibernation for a series of competitive events to promote physical fitness and friendly competition in the business community. The Fargo Park District is hosting, Frozen Business Showdown, an event where teams battle for points in eight fun, outdoor winter activities with a twist!
Frozen Business Showdown is on Friday, January 28 at Lindenwood Park from 1:00-4:30 pm. The event includes a six-game competition to test your team's physical, mental and teamwork skills. Bragging rights are on the line.
Teams compete in the following six challenges plus a culminating challenge:
- Human Curling: Teams compete in a sledding version of curling.
- Mini Golf: Bundle up and tee it up for mini golf in the snow. While you can leave your golf glove at home be sure to bring your winter gloves as you will be putting on a 9-hole course all made from snow.
- Barter Puzzle: Complete a puzzle with a twist. Barter with other teams for pieces.
- Hungry Hippos: Teams work together to complete the challenge of collecting the most balls from the center while having to ride on a scooter.
- Minute-to-Win-it: Teams race against time to finish unusual tasks in under a minute.
- Snowling: Take the classic game of bowling to the outdoors. Teams compete to see who the best bowling team is while bowling in the snow.
Online registration is required by Friday, January 14. Visit FargoParks.com to register your team. Each team must have no more than six players, all players must be 18+. There is no limit on the number of men and women each team has. The cost per team is $150.00. Players should come prepared for a fun-filled, active day. Warm active clothing and snow boots are recommended.
This event is an official part of Frostival, a community-wide celebration of how the Fargo-Moorhead Community makes cold cool. Lindenwood Park is located at 1905 Roger Maris Drive. For the complete list of event rules and more information on this event, call 701-499-6060 or visit FargoParks.com.